This website is published by Harvey Norman Global Pty Limited A.C.N. 607 768 632 ("Harvey Norman Global").
2. About Harvey Norman Global
Harvey Norman Global is an independent company that has been granted a limited licence by a subsidiary of Harvey Norman Holdings Limited A.C.N. 003 237 545 ("Holdings") to operate as Harvey Norman Global from this website.
3. About Harvey Norman, Joyce Mayne and Domayne Franchisees
Each enterprise carrying on a business under any name or style including the words "Harvey Norman," "Domayne" or "Joyce Mayne" is operated by an independent franchisee pursuant to a franchise granted by a subsidiary of Holdings.
4. About this Website
5. Website Content
(1) Content may be added or removed from this Website at anytime without notice.
(2) Any articles, information or content published on this Website must be read subject to these Terms.
(3) The information, materials and services in this Website is provided as a recommendation and for general information purposes only. It is current at the time of first publication. It is not legal or other professional advice or intended to be comprehensive. You are responsible for determining the validity, quality and relevance of any information, material or service assessed and to take appropriate independent advice before acting or relying on any of it to ensure that it meets your particular requirements. You should report any error or omission in any information, material or service, via customer feedback.
(4) Harvey Norman Global nor any third party will be liable for any errors in content, or for any actions you take in reliance on them. You nor any other person may hold Harvey Norman Global nor any third party liable for any delays, inaccuracies, errors or omissions in respect of such content, the transmission or delivery of such content or any loss or damage arising from any of them.
6. Your Use of the Website
(1) You agree to use this Website only for purposes that are permitted by these Terms, any applicable law or regulation and/or generally accepted practices or guidelines.
(2) You agree that you will not engage in any activity that interferes with or disrupts this Website or the servers and networks that host this Website. You agree not to, or attempt to, circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with security-related features of this Website or features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any content or enforce limitations on the use of this Website or the content.
(3) You understand and agree that any suspected fraudulent, abusive or illegal activity may be referred to appropriate law enforcement authorities.
(4) Access to this Website may be stopped (temporarily or permanently) at anytime without prior notice to you.
(5) You may be prevented from accessing all or parts of this Website. Harvey Norman Global will not be liable to you or any third party for doing so.
(6) As electronic Websites are subject to interruption or breakdown, access to this Website is offered on an "as is" and "as available" basis only.
(7) Limits or restrictions on your use of this Website may be placed on you from time to time. Further, for security, technical, maintenance, legal or regulatory reasons, or due to any breach of these terms, this Website may be withdrawn, or Website functionality may be changed or removed at any time without notice to you.
7. Intellectual Property Rights
(1) The “Harvey Norman” logos are registered trade marks of Harvey Norman Retailing Pty Limited A.C.N. 010 542 524 ("HNR").
(2) You acknowledge that any intellectual property rights, including graphics, logos, trademarks, distinctive brand features, design, text, icons, the arrangement of them, sound recordings and all software relating to this Website, are owned by HNR, or a related body corporate of HNR, or in some cases, a related body corporate of them, or third party, and that these remain the property of their respective owners and must not be used in any manner without the prior written consent of the owner. These intellectual property rights are protected by Australian and international laws and nothing in these Terms gives you a right to use any of them.
(3) Nothing contained on this Website is to be interpreted as a recommendation to use any information on this Website in a manner which infringes the intellectual property rights of any person.
(4) You may view this Website and its contents for personal and non commercial use only and subject to the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth) and similar legislation, you may not in any form or by any means reproduce, modify, distribute, store, transmit, publish or display within another Website or create derivative works from any part of this Website or commercialise any information obtained from any part of this Website without prior written consent from the owner of the copyright in that material.
(5) You may not modify or copy the layout or appearance of this Website nor any computer software or code contained in this Website, nor may you decompile or disassemble, reverse engineer or otherwise attempt to discover or access any source code related to this Website.
8. Links to Other Websites
(2) Third parties may be prevented from linking to this Website.
9. Secure Data and Transmissions
(1) Given the nature of the internet, there is no guarantee that any data transmission is totally secure, free from viruses, fault or other conditions which could damage or interfere with your computer systems and no warranty is given that your access to the Website will be uninterrupted, error free or that any defects will be corrected. Whilst precautions are taken to protect information, no warranty is given regarding the security of any content or information you transmit via the Website. You therefore transmit to the Website at your own risk. However, once transmissions are received, reasonable steps will be taken to preserve its security. If you become aware of any problems with the security of the Website, please contact our Customer First Team immediately.
(2) You must take your own precautions to ensure that the process which you use to access the Website or any website does not expose you to the risk of viruses, malicious computer code or other forms of interference which may damage your own computer system. For the avoidance of doubt, Harvey Norman and its third parties will not accept any responsibility for any interference or damage to your own computer system which arises in connection with your use of this Website, any website or any linked website.
Cookies may be used on this Website to gather data in relation to this Website and you consent to this (although you may be able to disable cookies on your web browser).
11. Use of Your Information and Material
Harvey Norman Global appreciates any suggestions (“unsolicited ideas”) you may have regarding ways in which this Website may be improved or materials which may be added to this Website. Any unsolicited ideas that you submit will not be regarded as confidential and will become the property of Harvey Norman Global. Harvey Norman Global may use, reproduce, disclose, publish, modify, adapt and transmit them to others, without restriction or any obligation to compensate you.
(1) Holdings, and each related body corporate of Holdings make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, in relation to any information, content, materials or products included in this Website or to its availability, functionality or performance, except as otherwise provided under any applicable law.
(2) Holdings and each related body corporate of Holdings do not accept responsibility for any loss or damage, howsoever caused (including through negligence or matters outside their control), which you may directly or indirectly suffer in connection with your use of this Website or any linked website, nor do they accept any responsibility for any such loss arising out of your use of, or reliance on, information contained on, or accessed through, this Website. To the maximum extent permitted by law, each of Holdings and each related body corporate of Holdings disclaim any such representations or warranties as to the completeness, accuracy, merchantability or fitness for purpose of this Website or the information that it contains.
(3) The use of the information on this Website is at your own risk. To the extent permitted by law, each of Harvey Norman Global, Holdings, and each related body corporate of Holdings exclude all liability of any of them in respect of any injury, loss or damage arising out of, or related to, the use, or inability to use, the information on this Website or provided through this Website through email. This limitation of liability includes, but is not limited to, compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, interruption of business, loss of data, income or profit, loss of, or damage to property, and third party claims. If any liability is not able to be excluded by law, each of Harvey Norman Global, Holdings, and each related body corporate of Holdings limit their liability to the re-supply of the relevant information or services.
(4) You agree to indemnify each of Harvey Norman Global, Holdings and each related body corporate of Holdings and other persons involved in the creation of this Website from all damages, losses, penalties, fines, expenses and costs (including legal costs) which arise out of or relate to your use of this Website, any information that you provide via this Website or any damage that you may cause to this Website. This indemnification includes, without limitation, liability relating to copyright infringement, defamation, invasion of privacy and trade mark infringement.
13. Governing Law and Jurisdiction
These Terms are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of New South Wales, Australia and you irrevocably and unconditionally submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New South Wales, Australia. If any provision of these Terms is found to be invalid or unenforceable by a court of law, such invalidity or unenforceability will not affect the remainder of these Terms, which will continue in full force and effect. If you access this Website in a jurisdiction other than New South Wales, Australia, you are responsible for compliance with the laws of that jurisdiction, to the extent that they apply. Harvey Norman makes no representations that the content of this Website complies with the laws of any country outside Australia.
These Terms may be amended at any time without notice and your access to this Website may be terminated at any time without notice. Your continued use of this Website following such amendment of these Terms will represent an agreement by you to be bound by the Terms as amended. Where your access to this Website is terminated, all disclaimers and limitations of liability set out in these Terms will survive. Reference to “Website” includes the whole or any part of the web pages located on this webpage (including but not limited to any elements of design, underlying code, text, sounds, graphics, animated elements or any other content).